Creating PDF Documents from within Other Applications
PDF X-Change 4.0 for ABBYY enables you to create PDF documents from any applications that allow you to select a printer. PDF X-Change 4.0 for ABBYY is already installed on your computer if you selected typical installation or if you installed at least one of the Create PDF components during custom setup.
To create a PDF document using PDF X-Change 4.0 for ABBYY:
- Run the application and open the file which you want to convert into a PDF document.
- Open the printing options dialog box (this may vary from application to application; in most applications you need to select File>Print to open this dialog box).
- In the list of available printers, select the “virtual” printer PDF X-Change 4.0 for ABBYY.
- Adjust the PDF creation options if required: click Properties and then select the desired options.
- Click OK to start creating a PDF document.
- In the dialog box, you can change the name of the output PDF file or its location. You can also append the PDF document being created to an existing PDF document by selecting Append to Existing PDF Document.
Sometimes, when trying to append a file to a password-protected PDF document, PDF X-Change 4.0 for ABBYY may ask you to enter a password. ABBYY has no control over this feature of PDF X-Change 4.0 for ABBYY.
|Should you have any questions regarding the use of the virtual printer, please consult the help file for PDF X-Change 4.0 for ABBYY. Either click F1 to open the help file or browse to the help file on the installation CD-ROM. The help file is only available in English.|