Creating PDF Documents from within Microsoft Office Applications
When you install ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0, the setup program integrates it with Microsoft Office. As a result, ABBYY PDF Transformer buttons appear in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Visio, enabling you to create PDF documents directly from within these applications.
To create a PDF document from within a Microsoft Office application:
- Run a Microsoft Office application.
- Create or open a document you wish to save in PDF format.
- On the ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 toolbar, click one of the buttons:
- Create PDF to create PDF file
- to create a PDF file and send it by e-mail
- to add a file to an existing PDF document
For more information, see Adding a File to a PDF Document.
- Check the PDF file options.
- Click Create PDF or Send as PDF.
The created PDF document will be saved and opened in a PDF viewing application, or attached to an e-mail message.
- Right-click on the toolbar and select the ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 item from the shortcut menu.
If the ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 item does not appear from the shortcut menu, ABBYY PDF Transformer was not integrated with Microsoft Office applications during custom installation.
To integrate ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 with a Microsoft Office application after installation:
- Go to Start>Settings>Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
In Microsoft Windows Vista, this command is called Programs and Features.
- In the list of installed programs, select ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 and click Change.
- Follow the instructions of the setup program.