Creating PDF Documents from Windows Explorer
When you install ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0, the setup program integrates it with Windows Explorer. As a result, an ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 item is added to the shortcut menu that appears when you right-click on a supported file in Windows Explorer, allowing you to convert files with a mouse click.
To create a PDF file from Windows Explorer:
- In Windows Explorer, select one or more files.
- On the shortcut menu, select ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 and then select the desired action:
- Create PDF Document, to create a PDF file and save it in the output folder
- Create PDF Document and E-mail It, to create a PDF file and attach it to an e-mail message
- Append to Existing PDF Document
For more information, see Adding a File to a PDF Document.
- Combine Files into One PDF Document
For more information, see Combining Multiple Files into a Single PDF Document.
- Create PDF Document with Custom Settings…, to launch ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 so that you can select PDF file options.
For more information, see Creating PDF Documents in ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0.
The actions available depend on the number of selected files.
- Once you have launched the creation process, a creation window will open, displaying a progress bar.
When creating PDF documents from Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint files, document structure, bookmarks, and hyperlinks are retained.
|To be able to create PDF files from Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint documents, you need to have the corresponding Microsoft Office application installed on your system.|
If there is no ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 command on the shortcut menu, you chose not to integrate the program with Windows Explorer during setup.
|This feature is unavailable on 64-bit platforms.|
To integrate ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 with Windows Explorer:
- Go to Start>Settings>Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
In Microsoft Windows Vista, this command is called Programs and Features.
- In the list of installed programs, select ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 and click Change.
- Follow the instructions of the setup program.