Converting PDF Files from Windows Explorer
When you install ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0, an ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 item will be added to the shortcut menu that appears when you right-click on a PDF file in Windows Explorer, allowing you to convert files with a mouse click.
To convert one or more PDF files from Windows Explorer:
- In Windows Explorer, select one or more files to convert.
- On the shortcut menu, select ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 and then select the desired action:
- Open in Microsoft Word to convert the PDF file and open it in Microsoft Word
- Open in Microsoft Excel to converts the PDF file and open it in Microsoft Excel
- Convert into Searchable PDF to convert the PDF file into searchable PDF so you can carry out full-text searches and open in a PDF viewing application
- Open the Apply Bates Stamping item and select the desired stamping profile
For more information, see Bates stamping.
- Convert with Custom Settings… to launch ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 so that you can select conversion options or select text, table, and picture areas manually
The actions actually available depend on the number of selected files. If the PDF document is password-protected, the program will ask you for the password.
Each document will be converted into a separate file and opened in the corresponding application.
|The program may display warnings during the conversion process. To open a page for which a warning message has been issued, simply click the page number.|
|If the look of the output document differs very much from the original, try altering the conversion options and/or selecting text, table, and picture areas manually. For more information, see Improving Conversion Results.|
If there is no ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 command on the shortcut menu, you chose not to integrate the program with Windows Explorer during setup.
|This feature is unavailable on 64-bit platforms.|
To integrate ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 with Windows Explorer:
- Go to Start>Settings>Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
In Microsoft Windows Vista, this command is called Programs and Features.
- In the list of installed programs, select ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 and click Change.
- Follow the instructions of the setup program.