Converting PDF Documents from within Microsoft Office Applications
When you install ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0, the setup program integrates with Windows Explorer and with Microsoft Office. As a result, ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 buttons appear in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook. You can convert PDF documents directly from Microsoft Office applications.
To convert a PDF file from within a Microsoft Office application:
- Run the Microsoft Office application.
- Click the Convert PDF button on the toolbar.
ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 will be launched.
- Select the file you wish to convert.
If the PDF document is password-protected, the program will ask you for the password.
- Check the conversion settings in ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0.
- In Microsoft Outlook, select an output format.
- In Microsoft Word, select whether you wish to create a new Microsoft Word document or add the converted text into the currently open Microsoft Word document after the cursor.
In Microsoft Excel, a PDF file is always converted into a new Excel document.
- Click Convert to start conversion.
To convert individual pages, in the Pages window select the pages you wish to convert and then select Convert Selected Pages from the shortcut menu.
Hold down the SHIFT or CTRL key to select more than one page.
The program may display warnings during the conversion process. To open a page for which a warning message has been issued, simply click the page number.
The output document will be saved into the selected format and opened in the corresponding application.
|If the look of the output document differs very much from the original, try altering the conversion options and/or selecting text, table, and picture areas manually. For more information, see Improving Conversion Results.|
- Right-click on the toolbar and select the ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 item from the shortcut menu.
If the ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 item does not appear from the shortcut menu, ABBYY PDF Transformer was not integrated with Microsoft Office applications during setup.
To integrate ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 with a Microsoft Office application after installation:
- Go to Start>Settings>Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
In Microsoft Windows Vista, this command is called Programs and Features.
- In the list of installed programs, select ABBYY PDF Transformer 3.0 and click Change.
- Follow the instructions of the setup program.